Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting Sick

So after finally joining stake choir for stake conference this year here I am at home sick. No singing at stake choir for me. I had a very stressful end to the week at work and think my body was already getting sick but today I seem to have a slight fever.

Last week at school was homecoming . . . for middle school! I thought it was VERY lame to do that in middle school but I did try to participate. We had a pep rally and the kids behaved admirably. I was so proud of them. Past 6th graders have had some huge issues with assemble type events but our kids were able to show pep but not get crazy. I was pretty happy.

I was also identified as someone with older brothers by my ability to give in nice punch in the arm when being teased. It went a little something like this.
Me: Giving odd signals to my students at the pep rally to remind them to sit.
Brian: Making odd gestures to mock me behind my back.
Me: Turning and taking a couple of jabs at his shoulder.
Brian: "You got older brothers or something? You sure hit like you do."
Me: "Four. OLDER."
I should mention that Brian is built a lot like my brothers but with a bigger gut so he inspires me to treat him like a brother. I don't generally go around hitting people at work.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Halloween. For Dave and I it was a special day being the 2nd anniversary of the day we got engaged. When I got to school I remembered that 2 years ago on the same day I was in a pretty bad state trying to figure out if the bad feelings I felt were inspiration or not. It was a day that I will never forget. It started off terribly but ended up being one of the happiest days of my life. I am so happy that I had a bishop who helped me discern the Lord's will and for a sister who helped me realize that just getting the ring on my finger was half the battle. Mostly I am happy that I found someone who loved me as much as I loved him. To have finally found someone with whom I wasn't the only one working at the relationship. I know he is the best match for me and I love him more today than I did 2 years ago. Happy engagement anniversary Baby.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I hope you get better soon!!