Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sharing Talents



Shortly after Dave and I were married he got a job at a craft store. He got a broken corner-shelf-type thing and told me he was going to remake it. He finished it for a gift for me for Christmas and it was beautiful.





Then he realized that he liked woodworking and was good at it. He made himself a nightstand and me one to match it.
















So now he is on to building us a new entertainment center unit. We go down to Dave's parents' house most weekends and he works on it with his dad. We currently have a huge unit that doesn't fit our TV and a small one that we set our TV onto and put our Xbox into. We wanted something that was the right proportions to put our DVD's and stereo into as well. The beautiful thing was that we designed it and my clever and talented husband is building it (yeah, I know I'm mushy. Just remember we haven't been married 2 years yet ;). Once it is done we can get rid of the other two and we can have space to breathe in the living room.


I mentioned before that I did some card stamping during the hurricane. Last weekend Dave's mom was nice enough to get out her stamping stuff before work so that when I came I could do some stamping while Dave worked. Here are a few that I did this weekend.
I am pretty proud of how cute they turned out. Considering my beginner skill.
Other than that life is pretty much back to normal. Our fridge is starting to get stocked again and I just got a new student with a weird name . . . note to parents out there; If you have a verb as a last name (like Baker) do not give your child and adjective as a first name (like Happy). The actual name is so much worse than that and despite how bad I feel for this child it does get me smiling on a slow day.

6 comments:

andreamichelle said...

If you are still mushy after one year of marriage I say you are doing well. Ryan and I were never mushy. It also sounds like you enjoy being around your inlaws to some extent, that is really nice. I bet it makes life much more enjoyable. I do not find much enjoyment from being around my in laws.
that is sad about how people name their kids some pretty stupid things some times.

andreamichelle said...

When I see all your "mushiness" when it comes to your husband, I wish that I could have more of that. Your lucky to have that.

mindy said...

fun!!! yay!

brandya said...

It was so great to talk to ya on the phone today!! Thanks for the thought! Your cards are adorable! There is a group of ladies in my ward who get together to stamp/make cards every so often, but I am not talented enough, nor do I have enough creativity to come up with my own designs. It is perfectly acceptable to still talk lovingly about your husband. I hope it lasts forever! Love ya

andreamichelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bethany said...

the cards are way cute!! You do a really good job with them. and it's okay to be mushy. Me and Mike still hang all over each other sometimes like we were newlyweds.