Thursday, September 29, 2011

The humdrum daily life

First some recent pictures of Elijah in all his cuteness.

Every morning I send Elijah to get stray binkies from under his bed and often he gets them and just lays there.  It is so cute!


I was so thrilled when Elijah finally started liking fresh fruit.  I think he had some strawberries each week for a month.  It's nice when I know he's eating something healthy.
Elijah is obsessed with walking in mine and David's shoes.

Elijah also LOVES pizza. 

I had given Elijah some food one morning and left to go do something for a minute.  When I came back I found this.
It only takes a minute . . . I was getting a bag ready to go swimming and I came back and found this,  Not only was it on his face but it was on his tongue






Everything is pretty humdrum here these days.  We have pretty much lost our lawn in the drought but I suppose the upside is that we haven't mowed in months.  The weather is really starting to get to me and I am looking forward to fall and winter with much anticipation.  I keep reminding myself that we have to stay here until 2014 because we got the new homebuyer tax credit when we bought this house and don't have the money to pay it back if we move out before we've been in it for 3 years.  Sigh.

I have been talking to my sister recently about the difficulties of being a homemaker.  I never expected myself to struggle with it to the degree I do.  Some days it is very hard to get things done and as much as you love your child(ren) they can really get on your nerves some days.  Elijah broke his first glass today and I was MAD!  I should not have been so upset because he is just 16 months but I wanted to make an impression and hopefully stop his obsession with getting things off of the table.  It seems that it only takes 10 seconds away from him and he will get into something bad, as is evidenced in some of the above pictures.  I just feel overwhelmed some days and it I feel guilty for feeling that way.  Sometimes I have a hard time knowing how to interact with Elijah in meaningful ways. 

I was very grateful that I was able to watch our church's general Relief Society (women's organization) broadcast.  I needed the words spoken by the Lord's apostle.  I am so grateful for the reaffirmation that the Lord knows me and my personal struggles. 

I have also been finding my load easier as I have been making time to read my scriptures each day.  I started reading Sept 1st and will finish the Book of Mormon by Dec 31st.  It has been such a blessing and I seem to find myself able to get things done that I wasn't able to get done before.  Some days are worse than others (like today with the broken glass) but I am getting through it with the Lord's help.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Dear Jill,
Not being a mom, I can only imagine how tough it is, but I am willing to bet that all moms get annoyed with their children and frustrated with their lot and find it hard to get going each day. So I think it's more than okay that you feel that way, too. I am so glad to be a part of a family that puts family first - it is so rare in this world, but it is wonderful to have examples of righteous mothering from people like you in my own family. It may be tough, but I can see how much you love Elijah, and I'm sure he can, too! Keep your chin up!