Thursday, September 23, 2010

Looking Forward to

I've been intending to write this post for a while but these are a few of the things I am looking forward to being grateful for in our new house (that we will own in a week).

1. Not having to haul the stroller down a flight of stairs in order to take Eli out in it (I think we will have more walks in the house.

2. No more obnoxious neighbors in the next apartment over whose kids are outside all day screaming.

3. A garage to park in (and we will once we get an opener for it).

4. Storage space! An attic, a garage, and closets! Our current apartment only has two closets (one in each bedroom) good thing the master is large enough for our linens too.

5. Two bathrooms! Now one of us can go to the bathroom and the other can bathe the baby without interfering.

6. A big kitchen. Now it's not big by anyone's standards but ours seeing as our current kitchen is smaller than our master bedroom closet.

7. A separate office from the nursery. Maybe now Eli can take naps in his crib more than once in a while.

8. A fridge with an ice maker! Now that is not the house but the fridge we bought but I'm still totally stoked!

I'm sure there are more and I will post them as I think of them. Thanks for letting me share the excitement!

3 comments:

andreamichelle said...

its wonderful having a house, even with the downsides. I'm happy for you, and hope you enjoy your home :)

Matt and Haley said...

It's such an awesome feeling to move into a house. It feels HUGE coming from an apartment, but it's amazing how much stuff you collect with having kids. It's already on our wish list to move into a bigger house...

Mike said...

Where are you guys moving to??? If you haven't moved yet or still need help, have Dave call me. Congrats on both of you, Dave's job and your stay at home job!!! Kristen and I are excited for you!!