Sunday, February 15, 2009

Update

Things around here are pretty boring though I am happy to report that I have had my class of 15 Special Ed students reduced to 9. It makes life a bit easier. We also went down to Dave's parents' house today to meet Doug's fiance. It was nice. She seems nice but it's hard to really get to know someone in a few hours. It'll be fun to get to know her more at other family functions. It reminded me of how awkward I felt when I first came into the family. I always felt REALLY nervous every time Dave left the room.

In other news we had a nice Valentine's evening. We had an early dinner at the Olive Garden (courtesy of Doug's Christmas gift card) and went out for ice cream later in the day. I am so lucky to be married to a sweet and laid back kind of guy. We have our differences but my life is better with him in it.

Um . . . I think I've run out of things to say. I love you all. I'm not sure if I have any blog followers these days but it is nice for me to have a reason to keep up with my journaling

3 comments:

brandya said...

I am following! Please, keep posting! I'm glad that things are settling down for you in the classroom. We are seeing more special needs students come through at the college level and it is soo hard and frusterating. You are trying to teach to those who are so bright and so brilliant and trying to keep them engaged while also trying to teach to those who can barely read, who were in special ed their entire lives. Very, Very hard. I feel ya girl. I love you dearly!!

andreamichelle said...

I'm glad they lessened the ammount of spec. ed. students for you, I hope that makes a difference. I like your new blog layout. I love green...:)

Ben and Mel said...

I follow...